Brownie lovers, rejoice! December 8th is National Brownie Day! What better way to celebrate this sweet day than by whipping up a batch of irresistibly fudgy brownies using our imported couverture chocolate from our Eleven o’one line.
When it comes to baking the perfect brownie, the quality of the chocolate is non-negotiable. Enter Eleven o’one Couverture Chocolate, our specially curated line of premium European chocolate known for its rich flavor & smooth texture. This line offers five varieties of Belgian Chocolate offering a little something for everyone.
For this delicious recipe, we’re opting for our Eleven o’one Sixty Dark Couverture Chocolate to give our brownies a rich, decadent, dark chocolate flavor with its 60% cocoa content.
For those eager to celebrate National Brownie Day with us, let’s dig into this foolproof brownie recipe!
- Hand or stand mixer
- Microwavable bowl
- Silicone Spatulas
- 8x8 or 9x13 baking pan (8x8 pan will give you a thicker brownie)
- Parchment paper
- 200 grams Eleven o’one Sixty Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
Optional: Chopped nuts, Sweet Shoppe Chocolate Chips or Eleven o’one Salted Caramel Flakes for extra indulgence. *Measure these with your heart!
Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Grease & line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your Eleven o’one Sixty Dark Couverture Chocolate & butter together in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Allow the mixture to cool slightly, but not harden.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your sugar & eggs until well combined. Add the vanilla extract & mix well.
- Gently stir the melted chocolate mixture into the egg-sugar mixture until fully incorporated.
- Sift the flour & salt & fold them in until just combined.
PRO TIP: Be careful not to overmix.
- If desired, add chopped nuts, chocolate chips or our Eleven o’one Salted Caramel Flakes into your batter for extra texture & flavor.
- Pour the brownie batter into your prepared baking pan & spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. To check if they’re ready, insert a toothpick into the center of the pan & if the toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, they are ready!
PRO TIP: Given the irresistible gooey consistency of brownies, your toothpick will not come out completely clean, so be sure not to over bake!
- Allow your brownies to fully cool before cutting to enjoy!
Pair these brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce for an extra special treat! You can also top these off with a delicious ganache made with the same delectable couverture chocolate!
Let us know how you like to brownie in our Facebook Group: Stover’s Confection Connection.
- Explore our range of Eleven o’one Couverture Chocolates from Thirty Three White to Seventy Dark. Each of these products will result in a different flavor profile!
- Try our Sweet Shoppe Chocolate Chips mixed into this recipe! We have 2 sizes to choose from: Regular (1M) & Mini (4M)!
- Eleven o’one Salted Caramel Flakes would be the ideal pairing in this recipe. These little golden nuggets will melt in place & then slightly harden once cooled, resulting in chewy caramel bits all throughout your brownies! Want to learn more about them, check out this blog post.