At Stover & Company, we love a recipe that can be adapted to different flavor profiles! Today we’re going to take our original recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies ever & give them a seasonal twist.
Introducing Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! Let’s get started!
- hand whisk
- electric or stand mixer
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 2 cups + 2 TBSP All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of Sweet Shoppe Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Seneca Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- In a medium bowl, use a hand whisk to combine flour, baking soda, cornstarch, salt & spices. Set the bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric or stand mixer, whisk together butter & both sugars on medium-high for 1 minute.
- Add eggs, vanilla & Seneca Pumpkin Puree to mixing bowl & whisk until fully incorporated.
- On a low speed, slowly add in the remaining dry ingredients & mix until well combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in Sweet Shoppe Chocolate Chips.
- Cover your cookie dough & refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator & preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Scoop ¼ cup of cookie dough & roll into individual dough balls. Continue until you run out of cookie dough. (You should have roughly 15-18 dough balls)
- Before placing the cookie dough on your baking sheet, tear each dough ball in half then press the two halfs back together to create a slightly messy look.
- Place dough balls on parchment paper, leaving enough room between for the dough to spread.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes, at 350°F, rotating the baking sheet halfway through. When ready, your chocolate chip cookies should have golden edges & a soft center.
PRO TIP: Your Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies might look slightly underdone. This is normal because of the pumpkin puree. Do not continue baking or they might burn!!
- Let cool & enjoy the very best cookies you’ve ever had.
Makes 10-15 extra large cookies
Share your fall baking with us in our Facebook group: Confection Connection!