S'mores Cheesecake is the perfect dessert to bring to any summer gathering! With its creamy & indulgent cheesecake filling, gooey melted couverture chocolate, & crunchy graham cracker crust, this dessert is sure to be a crowd-pleaser from picnics to graduation parties.
To make this decadent dessert, you’ll start by making a classic graham cracker crust. All you need for this is graham cracker crumbs, sugar & butter! Graham cracker crust is the perfect base for the cheesecake as there’s no pre-baking required PLUS it adds a crunchy texture that complements the creamy filling.
The next step is to prepare the cheesecake filling by combining cream cheese, sugar, eggs, marshmallow flavoring & sour cream until you reach a smooth & creamy consistency. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the graham cracker crust & bake until it’s just set.
Once the cheesecake is baked, it’s time to add the star ingredient - melted Eleven o’one Fifty Five Semi-Sweet Couverture Chocolate!! Drizzle the smooth, rich chocolate over the top of your cheesecake, to create a beautiful & delicious pattern.
PRO TIP: Sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs & mini marshmallows on top of the chocolate before it sets, to give your cheesecake that classic s'mores flavor & texture.
What you need:
- 8 inch springform pan
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups
- Stand mixer
- Baking or roasting pan
- Aluminum foil
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 12 graham crackers, pulsed in a food processor to make crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- In a bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar & melted butter until well combined. When ready, it should look like coarse, wet sand. Use your hands or a large spoon to break up any big lumps in the mix.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture into an 8-in springform pan. With your hands or the flat side of a cup, gently press the crumbs into the bottom & sides of the pan.
PRO TIP: Don’t press too hard as this will yield a harder crust.
- Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes at 350°F then remove from the oven & set aside to properly cool.
Marshmallow Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 ½ lbs of cream cheese at room temperature (5 8oz blocks)
- 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup of sour cream at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon marshmallow flavoring (omit for a classic cheesecake)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Boil a kettle or pot of water.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, whip the cream cheese until it becomes smooth & fluffy.
- Slowly add your sugar & salt while whipping.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the sour cream & marshmallow flavoring & whip them together until well combined.
- Wrap the bottom of your 8 inch springform pan in foil. Make sure it's wrapped tightly around the bottom & sides.
- Pour in the cheesecake filling & gently tap the pan on the counter so any trapped air bubbles can rise to the top.
- Set the cheesecake pan in the middle of your baking or roasting pan & place inside your oven.
- Before closing the oven door, pour in the boiling water into the roasting pan until it comes halfway up the cheesecake pan. (This is why you want to wrap the foil tightly, so no water seeps into the crust).
- Bake for 1 ½ hours. The center should be set even if the sides are not. Remove the cheesecake pan & let cool completely.
- 6 ounces of Eleven o’one Fifty Five Semi-Sweet Couverture Chocolate
- 4 ounces heavy whipping cream
- Mini Marshmallows or dehydrated mini marshmallows
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- To make the ganache or chocolate drip, heat the cream on the stove until steam starts to rise. Be careful not to let it boil over.
- Place your couverture chocolate in a heat resistant bowl & pour the hot cream overtop of it ensuring the chocolate is fully submerged. Let it stand for about 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Whisk the cream & chocolate together until smooth.
- Pour the ganache mixture over your cheesecake & smooth with a spoon.
- Top off with mini marshmallows & a light sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs.
- Chill overnight before serving for best results.
Total Time: 2 hours.
Makes one 8 inch cheesecake, serves 14 people.
This Smores Cheesecake is perfect for summer BBQs, pool parties, baby showers or any occasion that calls for a delicious & indulgent dessert! The combination of decadent chocolate with the creamy & crunchy cheesecake is simply irresistible. Your guests will be begging for the recipe!