Humidity got your chocolate? No problem! Instead of throwing away your melts, instead keep them! It is still usable for molds & making candy. First, the melts are still good, they just won't have that sipping consistency for dipping.
The best part of it all is that you only need two ingredients!
With simple ingredients comes simple instructions:
- Melt your chocolate wafers (Do not go over 90F when melting)
- Stir in corn syrup & mix until it looks like ice cream
- Once stirred, cover it in plastic wrap & let it sit until hard but pliable. Overnight works as well!
- If you do let it sit overnight, it will be hard the next day, place it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds & with the warmth of your hands, it will soften the clay.
- Make sure to cover any extra tight in plastic wrap! Over handling it will make your clay too warm & oily. If this happens, just let it sit for a few minutes to cooke & you can handle it again.
That's it! You can use it just as if you were using fondant to mold. This recipe workings perfectly if you don't want to use fondant, or if you have chocoalte that has been compromised by moisture & won't melt to a dipping consistency any more!