Easter Bark Recipe Using Eleven o'One European Chocolate
- Mar 28, 2022
Easter Chocolate Bark is the perfect chocolate treat to make this spring. It's delectable, rich and just super cute! This recipe is made with little prep time and a handful of ingredients. Plus, it's a no bake recipe that is great to make with the whole family. Customize your toppings to include your favorite Easter sprinkles, candy and much more! It takes just 15 minutes to make. It's a quick and easy no bake treat perfect for Easter baskets, Easter party treats and more!
Eleven o'one Chocolate -- Mix anything type of chocolate you want! Thirty Three White + Sixty Dark & more! The possiblities are endless. (Remember our Eleven o'One requires tempering, you can also used our Eleven o'One Compound Coating to make these as well!)
Colourmill Oil Based Coloring -- To keep it in the Easter theme stick with pastels with only 1 or 2 drops of the food coloring. The colors we recommend are Baby Blue, Lemon, Baby Pink and Lilac. But you're not limited to those! You can mix and match colors and have fun with trying new pastels!
Easter Candies -- Feel free to add your favorite Easter candies in the bark! Such as Easter M&Ms, robin eggs or mini bunny chocolates, jelly beans, peeps and more.
Sprinkles - The possibilites are unlimited with these! We recommend Easter colors like purple, blue, pink, yellow...so many options!!
1. Line a large half sheet baking pan with parchment/wax paper. Set aside. Crush half of the chocolate mini eggs. Set aside.
2. Melt your preferred chocolate either on the stove (tempering) or in the microwave(compound)...
On the stove: Bring 2 inches of water to a low simmer in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Then turn the heat to low and place a large heatproof bowl of chocolate chips on the mouth of the pot. Make sure that there is a gap of a few inches in between the bottom of the bowl and the water (You can also place a bowl on a steamer attachment on top of your pot). Stir the chocolate constantly as it melts. Stir until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted. This should take a few minutes. Need more help tempering? No worries! We have Youtube videos on How to Temper our Eleven o'One Couverture Chocolate that you can find here!
In the microwave: The second way to melt chocolate (and an easier way) is in the microwave. Place the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals. Remove the bowl at each interval and stir well. Repeat until the chocolate has completely melted. Stir until completely smooth. Melt the other preferred chocolate. Melt that chocolate by repeating the above process.
3. Dye the white chocolate. (If that's what you are using) Divide the white chocolate into small bowls for the different colors you want in your bark. Add the pastel-colored food coloring to each bowl and mix until combined.
4. Spread out chocolate. Spread the melted chocolate in a thin layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add the melted and colored chocolate on top in alternating patterns. Use a toothpick to swirl the chocolates together.
5. Add toppings. Immediately arrange the toppings of your choice onto the swirled chocolate, pressing them lightly into the chocolate, if necessary. Fill in the remaining gaps in the surface with sprinkles or other fun decorations!
6. Transfer the pan to the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator.
And that's it! Simple and quick! This recipe is perfect for a last minute Easter occaision or a fun day making sweet treats with the family! Check out more blog posts on our site here. If you have any questions you can reach us here at Stover & Company at 724.274.6314.