Chocolate Ganache Truffles are the perfect quality treat to gift to someone and make for a delightful addition to any dessert table or celebration! Truffles are quality treats that are easy to make! It only requires four main ingredients; heavy cream, chocolate, vanilla extract and cocoa. The decoration and other flavors are totally up to you!
PRO-TIP - the higher the liquid content, the more they need refridgerated. You HAVE to get the right ratio or the chocolate will split and creative a weird texture!
1. Chop the chocolate chips into smaller, finer pieces. It will melt easier when tempering!
2. Place the cream in a sauce pan and place on medium heat. Let it simmer, not boil.
3. Pour the cream over the chocolate and salt.
4. Cover the bowl for about 1 minute.
5. Allow the chocolate to soften then whisk to emulsify the chocolate mixture until it's melted, smooth and shiny.
6. Proceed with adding softened butter so it will dissolve and mix in the warm chocolate.
7. Allow the mixture to cool down and thicken.
8. Cover the surface of the ganache with plastic wrap to prevent "skin" from forming on the top.
9. After the ganache has chilled in the fridge for a couple hours take a cookie scoop and scoop the truffles. (Roll the truffles while still cool so it's not messy!)
10. Let the rolled truffles to set and chill then they are ready to be coated.
11. Temper the couverture chocolate and happy dipping! (We recommend using toothpicks or some kind of skewers to dip so it's easier!)
12. Place them on parchment paper on a baking tray.
13. Stick them in the fridge and allow them to set, once that's done they are ready to be coating in extra goodies!
And that's it! You're all set on your chocolate ganache truffles! They can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for about 2 weeks! Check out our blog for more fun tips, recipes and insightful articles to help with all your baking needs!