You'll go absolutely bananas for this easy cake recipe!
This banana cake with cake mix is the perfect quick fix to your favorite treat! If you’re in the mood to make banana cake, but don’t want the strenuous clean-up that comes after baking, just make one using a cake mix! Just because this is a short recipe, doesnt mean this is not a homemade-like this banana cake is extremely moist, tender, and full of banana flavor. There’s no need for flour, baking soda, and baking powder! With a bunch of bananas and the ever-reliable yellow cake mix, you’ll be able to pull off this extra moist and flavorful banana cake. Apart from the cake itself, it has a secret weapon that makes it stand out from the rest: a brown sugar glaze. If you haven’t tried brown sugar glaze yet, then this recipe is a must-try!
3 Over Ripe Bananas – It makes the cake ultra-moist.
4 Large Eggs – They’ll bind the ingredients together and give the cake structure. Use room-temperature eggs for easier blending.
4 Tablespoons of Melted Butter – To add richness and moisture to the cake.
1 Package of Yellow Cake Mix – You’ll use yellow cake mix for this recipe because the flavor of vanilla and custard pairs beautifully with bananas.
1 Cup of Milk – The liquid mixed with yellow cake mix to create the batter.
4 Tablespoons of Butter
1/4 cup of Brown sugar
2 Tablespoons of Milk
1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
Now that you have all your ingredients together, you will start baking!!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13-inch or disposable foil pan with oil or butter.
2. In a large bowl, beat together bananas and eggs with an electric mixer at medium speed until the bananas are mashed, about 1 minute.
3. Reduce the mixer speed to low and pour the melted butter. Increase speed to medium and beat in the cake mix and milk until combined, about 2 minutes.
4. Pour the batter into the greased pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the cake is firm in the center.
5. Let the banana cake cool completely in the pan.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, mix together the sugar, milk, and butter. Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
Pro-tip: Do not rush the glaze. Unlike the usual white sugar frosting, you’ll use brown sugar in this recipe. Brown sugar does not dissolve as fast as powdered sugar does, so you’ll need to give it several minutes to cook. Otherwise, your glaze will be gritty.
7. Remove from heat and mix in the powdered sugar until completely dissolved.
8. Pour the frosting over the cooled cake. Let the frosting cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
Pro-tip: The recipe yields a thin frosting. Double it for more!
There you have it! A quick, simple & delish banana cake recipe! For more information or any questions, you can reach our customer service at 724.274.6314.